Quick Facts Edit
Here are some quick facts about the Cycladic Harp Player:
- This marble figure is one of the earliest known representations of musicians from the Early Cycladic period.
- The figure is playing a harp, and holding the instrument against his right shoulder.
- Cycladic civilization is an Early Bronze Age culture of the Cyclades, Greece, in the Aegean Sea, spanning the period from approximately 3200–2000 BC.
- The top of the harp features an ornament carved in the shape of the head of a waterfowl.
- Other items from this time period include pieces of pottery (bowls, boxes, and vases) female figurines, and tools.